The Phoenix End Ring Manipulator (PERM) enables 100% scan coverage of the external surface of generator end rings without removing the rotor from the stator.
PERM can be fixed in to position by two operators in less than one hour and is capable of inspecting a large range of modern generator end rings, including those with tapers at one or both ends.
The Phoenix manipulator (PERM) enables operators to scan 100 per cent of the rings, including the tapers, with all the components in place. As well as reduced risk of damage, this results in significant cost savings and down time.
Phoenix has over two decades of experience in producing systems of this type and the PERM is used by major operators in power stations throughout the world.
- Suitable for ring diameters 750mm to 2000mm and 1000mm long
- Manipulator profile 36mm
- Repeatability better than +/- 1mm
- Scan speeds 75mm/s
- Interchangeable probe holders include skew and taper units
- Typical payload 5 probes
- 48 volt/3amp DC servo motors with 5V incremental encoders
Corrosion Mapping Package
- Circumferential drive assembly
- Circumferential and axial drive support assembly
- Axial drive transfer assembly (nominal sizes)
- Axial drive leadscrew assembly pairs
- Inboard end bridge
- Outboard end bridge
- Emergency stop assembly
- Axial drive interface box
- Circumferential drive interface box
- Stabiliser assembly set
- UT probe pan
- Pneumatic toolpost
- Pair of spacers for circumferential rollers
- Support chain assembly
- Circumferential drive belt assembly
- Cable management assembly & cables
- Umbilical (10m)
- Transport case & fittings